This DIY is made for you if:
- someone gives you ready-to-plant sage
- you like sage
- you live in an apartment with no balcony
- all the sunny places are already taken by your other plants
In this case, your only chance is to create a pot holder for your sage to reach the light, simple. And you’ll need the following material:
- 2 small boards
- 1 piece of wooden batten long enough to reach that window (but not too long, you don’t want your sage to lose its balance)
- 2 wood wall shelf brackets, big enough (again we are looking for stability)
- 2 small metal brackets to reinforce the batten
- screws to assemble everything: first the wood brackets to the batten, then to the boards and finally the small brackets behind the batten.
Here’s a picture where you can visualize this complex construction (…), you can see the mini plants purposely hiding the ungraceful metallic brackets …
Of course you can paint it all for a more finished look, but my sage really needed light, couldn’t wait.